There are many different reasons people are not trusted by society in general. Unfortunately, a lack of religion seems to be one those reasons. I wouldn’t dare go so far as to say for certain that atheists are the most mistrusted, though. There are many factors besides someone’s religion that determine how someone will be seen by society.
You know something, though? I’d rather atheists really be the most hated group in the US. Why? Because then that would mean people aren’t holding racial prejudices or anti-LGBT viewpoints anymore. People wouldn’t be calling Muslims terrorists anymore. People wouldn’t still be assuming PoC are suspicious just because of their skin color. People wouldn’t be telling LGBT kids to kill themselves. Atheists certainly are not loved by society, but if we were truly the most hated, the world would probably be a much better place than it is. Until then, we have a hell of a lot of issues to work on.
Sadly, most of the issues you listed have a direct correlation with religious groups, including the hatred toward atheists =(
- aleashajean likes this
- guardingtheempire reblogged this from dat-asterisk and added:
- fuckitandflee likes this
- ravenclawtimelady likes this
- dat-asterisk likes this
- heksenhaus likes this
- tanacetum-vulgare said: lolwut? new athiests and fundamentalist christians are both just the worst, together. they need each other.
- theexchanged reblogged this from witherbane
- miss-love likes this
- dat-asterisk reblogged this from witherbane and added:
- sterwood posted this